This trip allows you to see the ‘best’ bits of the Kepler Track in one day. Join us on a guided trip that includes a scenic Jet boat ride, all transport you need, and a morning tea.
- Depart 11.00 am – Return 4:30 pm from your Te Anau accommodation. (An earlier start can be arranged)
- Transport by coach to the edge of the Waiau river.
- The most scenic jet boat ride ever: see actual “Lord of the Rings” film locations on the way down to the beautiful Lake Manapouri. On the way down the river you will get the chance to spot rainbow and brown trout. There is an amazing view around every river bend. The ride has a pinch of adrenalin and heaps of natural beauty. Lake Manapouri is amazing and you may not see another boat in sight.
- Your start of part of the Kepler Track begins on disembarking from the boat at approximately 12:00 pm.
- A leisurely guided walk begins through towering Beech trees and even taller Rimu trees. Our guide will share his/her knowledge with you; Native trees, ferns and the occasional Bellbirds, Tuis, friendly Fantails, Tomtits, Finches and Robins will keep your camera clicking.
- The hike concludes at the large suspension bridge at Rainbow Reach where your transport awaits to take you back to Te Anau.